The latest Coronavirus updates as issued by the Federal Government now forbids any public gatherings of more than 500 people. Both our Country Championships Day on Sunday 22 March and Muswellbrook Cup Day on Friday 27 March fall under this restriction.
Because of these restrictions, The General Public will not be permitted to attend either of these race days.
The only persons that will be permitted to attend thoroughbred race meetings, barrier trials and trackwork (including access to licensed training stables) in New South Wales will be Essential Personnel. No public access will be permitted, including for owners (unless providing an essential service, for example, an owner who is also a trainer).
Essential Personnel at race meetings are the following persons:
• Racing NSW Stewards and Veterinarians
• Trainers, Jockeys and Stablehands with a runner at the race meeting
• Barrier Attendants, Starters and essential Track Staff
• Clerks of the Course
• Judges and Sectional Timing Teams
• Weighing Room Staff and jockeys attendants
• Race day Event Staff and security including horse stalls, mounting yards and float carpark
• Club Doctor and Ambulance Services
• Farriers and other essential service providers
• Broadcast services including Race Caller
• Restricted Core Racing Media as approved by Racing NSW
Pre-purchased ticketing and hospitality packages will be refunded in full.
This situation is changing daily and further updates will be issued should any of the above conditions change.