Denman is located on the Golden Highway approximately one and a half hours from Newcastle and is littered with vineyards and horse studs.
Nestled between vineyards, horse studs and olive groves, Denman is the Upper Hunter's epicentre for wines tasting and sampling local produce.
Delight the senses and indulge in experiencing some of Australia's most delectable and winning wines, grown and produced locally in the heart of the Upper hunter. Denman also boasts an impressive array of cafes and restaurants to satisfy all tastes. Choose from pub grub, pavement cafes, a la carte dining, cellar doors with restaurants or antipasto platters, or visit the Pukara Estate olive groves and tasting room.
Don't miss the Two Rivers Sandstone Sculptures. The Custodians of the Landscape sandstone sculptures were carved onsite at Two Rivers in the winter of 2015 by international artist Ben Dearnley. More than 20 tonnes of stone sourced from the vineyard were used by Ben to create this unique and compelling project. His work directly references the ancient art form of stone masonry whilst reflecting the landscape of Denman.
Denman has some fantastic events including the Upper Hunter Wine and Food Affair in May and local favourite, Denman Pig Races in October.
Things to do:
- Sample a variety of wines including Semillon, Chardonnay and Cabernets from the numerous cellar doors.
- Come and play a game of golf at the fully watered 9-hole course.
- Stroll through Ogilvie Street and "poke around" in the shops.
- Walk the Denman Town Walk.
- Visit the monthly Farmers Market - great produce from the local farms.
- The May Upper Hunter Wine and Food Affair a highlight in the year.